Pearson is the world’s leading education company. From pre-school to high school, early learning to professional certification, our curriculum materials, multimedia learning tools and testing programs help to educate millions of people worldwide – more than any other private enterprise.
Pearson approached Unbounded Solutions to help develop their new Pearson Common Core System of Courses for K-1 (CCSOC-K1) education application. As a part of Pearson’s strategy they wanted to lead the way in digital curriculum by taking the common core standards set for grades K through 12 and take content and create a digital classroom. The application would enhance the abilities of the teachers and occupy the attention and interests of the children in the classroom.
Unbounded Solutions took designs with HTML/JS/CSS and placed them inside the native iOS, with the goal of supporting cross platform design. The application is designed to load content specific to the user Teacher/Child. There are content checks with webservers located on the coast. The iOS code handles checking for network connectivity and updating the content in the html with XML data. The design allows for simple user touched to get to content, also video/audio make for an exciting experience for the user. There is also an interactive component using the Unity Game engine attached to the native code.
The CCSOC-K1 app for iPad was developed on the iOS 6.0 platform within a Cocoa Touch Framework, using xCode, Objective C, NSXMLParser, WebView delegates, Audio Recording, UIPickerControllers, Core Animation, Timers, and other frameworks.
- Completely redesigned interface and navigation
- Swipe gestures allow quick access to core features
- Remotely access teacher/student content stored on web servers
- Manage multiple log in accounts, each login has a uniqe experience
- Recrod Audio, Camera functionality to use on canvas.
- Drag and Drop functionality with Java Script code
- Seamless communication between Native and Web code
- Check for updates constantly to change content for user
Additional Application Features
- Syncing with web server so that the user is not constantly downloading new content in bulk.
- Canvas allows for Annotating text, as well as drawing, taking screen shots, creating book covers, selecting images from the photo library.
The CCSOC-K1 iPhone app has gained critical attention as one of the most intuitive and user-friendly mobile applications on the education industry mobile app market today.